Sunday, March 4, 2012

Chicken w/ Asparagus II: Sunday, Monday, Hollandaise


This recipe is adapted from a recipe found on Greg Cooks. I made a version of it in an earlier entry and thought that, this time around, I'd try a different sauce. I'm adapting about.com's Hollandaise Sauce recipe.

Additionally, I'm breaking from tradition and making this entire meal on what is usually my prep day. If it works well, I'll do a variant where I split the preparation like usual later.

Results
This was okay. It turns out I'm not a big fan of Hollandaise sauce. I probably won't be making this particular variant again soon. I've done another variation with Marsala wine that I like better and will post the recipe soon.

Ingredients
  • Asparagus, 6 spears (these are thicker than the last spears, so I'm halving the number)
  • Garlic, 3 cloves
  • Chicken, 2 breasts
  • Egg Yolks, 3
  • Lemon Juice, 1 Tablespoon
  • Water, 1 Tablespoon
  • Salt, 1/4 teaspoon + to taste
  • Pepper, to taste
  • Butter, 1 stick

Cooking
  • Preheat oven to 300°.
  • Chicken, 2 breasts, defrosted. Pound flat.
  • Season the inside of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper.
  • Smear the garlic on the inside of the breasts.
  • Asparagus, 6 large spears, rinse.
  • Roll 3 spears asparagus in each chicken breast.
  • Skewer the chicken breasts together with the toothpicks.
  • In an oven-safe pan, sear the chicken until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
  • Transfer pan with chicken into hot oven.
  • Cook until fully cooked, approx. 10 minutes.

  • Butter, 1 stick, melted in microwave safe container.
  • Hollandaise Sauce, in blender mix at high speed for 2 minutes:
    • Egg Yolks, 3
    • Lemon Juice, 1 T
    • Water, 1 T
    • Salt, 1/4 t
  • Slow the blender to the slowest setting.
  • Drizzle in the clear part of the butter. Do not add the milk solid residue.
  • Remove chicken from oven and top with sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment