Monday, September 2, 2013

Hacker School Soylent v1

This recipe is adapted from cookingfor20's Hacker School Soylent recipe.

Results
I've been drinking the Hacker School Soylent recipe for 2 weeks now and have been very pleased with the way my body is responding to it. I've started a blog about my experiences here.

Soylent, for those who don't know, is an attempt to make a cheap, complete nutrition drink. They are currently expecting to sell their first batches by the end of the year. The original posts, however, have led to a vibrant do-it-yourself community, with people writing their own recipes. The Hacker School Recipe was open sourced and particularly well received. I decided to try that on my own and will modify it for my own needs over time.

Warning: You really should know what you're getting yourself into before trying something like Soylent. Don't do anything stupid and drink at your own risk.


Ingredients
Prep DayDay Of










* The Ground Flax and the Oat Flour can be had more cheaply by buying a 25lbs bag directly from Bob's Red Mill. This is quite a commitment, though.

In each case I've linked to the product on Amazon, but I've indicated where I've been able to obtain the product most cheaply.


Preparation
Prep DayMorning Of Cooking
  • Mix all dry ingredients, above.








Make 1/3 recipe at a time, by adding into a Nalgene bottle:
  • 28g Olive Oil, add to Nalgene
  • 120g (1/3 of Dry Ingredients, well mixed), add to Nalgene bottle
  • 600ml water, shake until well combined.

Cooking

  • The recipe will make 3 servings, though I drink it throughout the day whenever I start to feel hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment